- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch cake pan (or 2 round pans) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, malted milk powder, cocoa and salt. Use mixer and add 2 eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Stir in hot coffee with a rubber spatula. Then fold in mini chocolate chips. Batter will be runny.
- Pour batter into the cake pan and back on middle rack for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes.
Dark Chocolate Frosting:
- Beat butter with a mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Add malted milk powder and powdered sugar.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Pour milk or heavy whipping cream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
When the cake cools, frost and enjoy!